Level I-Introduction to Engineering Design (1.0)
- Introduction to Engineering Design is the first course in the Engineering pathway. The “Project Lead the Way” curriculum is used to focus on design techniques.
- Students will learn problem-solving skills using a design development process.
Level II- Honors Principles of Engineering (1.0)
- Honors Principles of Engineering is the second course in the Engineering pathway. The course uses the “Project Lead the Way” curriculum.
- Students will continue their exploration of design with an emphasis on physical principles. The course will introduce students to concepts on simple machines and culminating with ballistics.
Level III- Honors Aerospace Engineering (1.0)
- Honors Aerospace Engineering is one of six courses students can choose to complete the Engineering pathway. Of the six courses, students must take three core engineering courses (level, 1 ,2,& 4) and an optional third to complete the pathway.
- In line with the Engineering pathway, the “Project Lead the Way” curriculum is used throughout the course. Through software simulations and hands-on experiences, students will explore fundamentals of flight in air and space.
Level IV- Honors Engineering Design and Development (1.0)
- Honors Engineering Design and Development is the fourth core course in the Engineering pathway.
- This course uses the “Project Lead the Way” curriculum to expose students to research techniques.