Level I- Honors Principles of Biomed Science (1.0)
- Students will be introduced to the concepts of human medicine and are introduced to research processes and bioinformatics.
- Students will obtain First Aid/CPR certification in the spring semester.
Level II- Honors Human Body System (1.0)
- Students will examine the processes, structures, and interactions of the human body systems to learn how the human system maintains homeostasis and good health.
Level III- Honors Medical Intervention (1.0)
- Students will be introduced to various medical interventions that extend and improve quality of life, including gene therapy, pharmacology, surgery, prosthetic, rehabilitation, and supportive care.
- Students will be able to design a product that can be used as a medical intervention using 3D imaging, data acquisition software, and current scientific literature.
Level IV- Capstone: Honors Biomedical Innovation or Practicum/Apprenticeship (1.0)
- Students will be introduced to the concepts of scientific research under the guidance of a professional mentor.
- Students will identify a research project, conduct research, write a research paper, and defend team conclusions and recommendations to a panel of outside reviewers.