Level I-Honors Biotechnology I (1.0)
- Students will be introduced to the concepts of human medicine and are introduced to research processes and bioinformatics.
- Students will be able to develop the foundation necessary for student success in subsequent courses.
- Students will also can obtain First Aid/CPR certification in the spring semester.
Level II-Honors Biotechnology II (1.0)
- Students will examine the processes, structures, and interactions of the human body systems to learn how they work together to maintain homeostasis and good health.
- Students, using real world cases, will take the role of biomedical professionals and work together to solve medical mysteries.
Level III-Honors Biotechnology III (1.0)
- Students will be introduced to various medical interventions that extend and improve quality of life, including gene therapy, pharmacology, surgery, prosthetic, rehabilitation, and supportive care.
- Students will be able to design a product that can be used as a medical intervention using 3D imaging, data acquisition software, and current scientific literature.
Level IV-Capstone or Practicum (1.0)
- Students will be introduced to the concepts of scientific research under the guidance of a professional mentor, while identifying a research project, conducting research, writing a research paper, and defend team conclusions and recommendations to a panel of outside reviewers.
- Students will be able to develop the foundation necessary for student success in health care related fields.
- Students will be introduced to the core knowledge and skills common in the field of emergency medical services.
- Students will be able to develop the competencies students need to become nationally certified Emergency Medical Technicians.