Level I-Introduction to Engineering Design (1.0)
- Students in Introduction to Engineering dig deep into the engineering design process, applying math, science, and engineering standards to hands-on projects.
- They work both individually and in teams to design solutions to a variety of problems using 3-D modeling software and use an engineering notebook to document their work.
Level II-Honors Principles of Engineering (1.0)
- Through problems that engage and challenge, students in Principles of Engineering explore a broad range of engineering topics.
- Students develop skills in problem solving, research, and design while learning strategies for design process documentation, collaboration, and presentation.
Level III-AP Computer Science Principles (1.0)
- This course will focus on creativity, the use of technology to solve computational problems and the impact of computing on people and society.
- The Computer Science Principles course will treat programming as one of the seven big ideas of computer science: computing is a creative activity; abstraction reduces information and detail to facilitate focus on relevant concepts; data and information facilitate the creation of knowledge; algorithms are used to develop and express solutions to computational problems; programming enables problem-solving, human expression, and creation of knowledge.
Level IV-Honors Engineering Design and Development (1.0)
- Students apply the professional skills they have developed to document a design process to standards, completing Engineering Design and Development ready to take on any post-secondary program or career.