Level I- Computer Science Essentials (Project Lead the Way-PLTW)
- Students are exposed to a diverse set of computational thinking concepts, fundamentals, and tools, allowing them to gain understanding and build confidence.
- Students will use visual, block-based programming and seamlessly transition to text-based programming with languages such as Python to create apps and develop websites, and learn how to make computers work together to put their design into practice.
Level II- AP Computer Science Principles
- Computing is a creative activity; Abstraction reduces information and detail to facilitate focus on relevant concepts; Data and information facilitate the creation of knowledge; Algorithms are used to develop and express solutions to computational problems; Programming enables problem-solving, human expression, and creation of knowledge; The internet pervades modern computing; Computing has global impacts.
Level III- AP Computer Science A
- Students focus developing computational thinking skills through the medium of Android™ App development for mobile platforms. The course utilizes industry-standard tools such as Android Studio, Java™ programming language, XML, and device emulators.
- Students collaborate to create original solutions to problems of their own choosing by designing and implementing user interfaces and Web-based databases.
Optional Course: Cyber-security (PLTW)
- Students solve problems by understanding and closing these vulnerabilities. This course raises students’ knowledge and commitment to ethical computing behavior. It also aims to develop students’ skills as consumers, friends, citizens, and employees who can effectively contribute to communities with dependable cyber-infrastructure that moves and processes information safely.