Level I – Early Childhood Education I (1.0)
- The course examines the growth and development of children and the influence of development on effective childcare and early education.
- Content emphasizes social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development and the application of theories of child development to early care and education.
Level II – Early Childhood II (1.0)
- This course is designed for students who may be interested in working with young children as caregivers or teachers in child development centers, daycare homes, kindergartens, Head Start, pre-schools, or school-age care programs.
Level III – Early Childhood III (1.0)
- An overview of human development from prenatal to age 8 with an emphasis on both typical and atypical development processes.
- Students will explore interdisciplinary and multicultural theories and research related to the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and communicative development.