Level I- Introduction to Engineering Design (1.0)
- Students in Introduction to Engineering dig deep into the engineering design process, applying math, science, and engineering standards to hands-on projects.
- They work both individually and in teams to design solutions to a variety of problems using 3-D modeling software and use an engineering notebook to document their work.
Level II- Honors Principles of Engineering (1.0)
- Through problems that engage and challenge, students in Principles of Engineering explore a broad range of engineering topics, including mechanisms, the strength of structures and materials, and automation.
- Students develop skills in problem solving, research, and design while learning strategies for design process documentation, collaboration, and presentation.
Level III- Honors Environmental Sustainability (1.0)
- Students apply knowledge through hands-on activities and simulations, students’ research and design potential solutions to these true-to- life challenges.
Level IV- Honors Engineering Design and Development (1.0)
- The knowledge and skills students acquire throughout PLTW Engineering come together in Engineering Design and Development as they identify an issue and then research, design, and test a solution, ultimately presenting their solution to a panel.