Level I- Principles of Hospitality Management and Customer Service (1.0)
- Students learn about the history of the industry, explore traveler motivation and consumer needs, the industry’s economic and environmental impacts, domestic and international travel, and sales in tourism.
- Students learn various means of measuring the quality of service and explore careers that focus on customer service.
Level II- Sports, Entertainment, Event Planning and Intro to Hospitality Marketing (1.0)
- Students examine and learn the unique requirements of event planning in the sports, entertainment, and performing fields.
- Students learn about each phase of marketing and the wide range of options that all marketing managers and business owners consider as they create, or revise, marketing plans.
Level III- Hospitality and tourism Management Program (HTMP) (1.0)
- This course provides students with broad-based learning on the tasks, knowledge, and skills required by anyone wishing to build a career within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- The content deals specifically with information required for operational level employee positions and responsibilities.