Level I- Culinary I (1.0)
- Students will learn kitchen basics, business math, and how to work effectively with others, including developing successful customer relations. Training is provided in all aspects of food handling safety to prepare students for ServSafe certification.
Level II- Culinary II (1.0)
- Students are trained on nutritional guidelines and menus, as well as processes for preparing breakfast foods, sandwiches, fruits and vegetables, salads and garnishes, potatoes and grains, desserts and baked goods, meat, poultry, seafood, stocks, soups, and sauces.
- The function and maintenance of food service equipment is reviewed.
Level III- Culinary III (1.0)
- Students further develop skills for communicating with customers and learn about the relationships between menu composition, marketing, and catering.
- Students also review and practice culinary techniques required to prepare students for competition in local and national industry sponsored culinary arts competitions.