Level I- Public Safety I: Intro to Law, Public Safety and Security (1.0)
- Students will develop an understanding of law and public safety careers through research and hands-on student projects.
- Students will explore the wide variety of everyday implications of the law and ethical issues in their own lives.
Level II-Public Safety II: Foundations in Law & Justice and Intro to Street Law (1.0)
- Students will become familiar with the U.S. legal and law-enforcement systems, their philosophical and historical foundations, issues of power and fairness, and mechanisms for advocacy and policy; and will explore related careers.
- The course introduces students to fundamental legal concepts relating to individual rights and responsibilities and the U.S. legal system.
- Students learn about U.S. court systems and processes, criminal law, criminal procedure, and constitutional and human rights, among other topics.
Level III- Investigations and Criminal Justice Systems (1.0)
- Students are introduced to the study of crime and criminal investigators. Students will be introduced to the steps and considerations involved in an actual criminal investigation as well as other factors that affect the way investigations are performed.
- Students learn about the U.S. Constitution and the role of the U.S. Supreme Court in interpreting the Constitution.
- Students read important cases in constitutional law and study how the Constitution affects their lives as young people and society at large.